An important part of playing any sport is having the right equipment. This includes your shoes. Good soccer cleats will enhance your performance and can even give you an edge over other players. With so many different brands and styles of cleats on the market, choosing the right pair can be overwhelming. Here is a guide to buying the best soccer cleats.
Editor’s Pick- Best Soccer Cleats
How We Reviewed
To find the best soccer cleats on the market today, we read industry reviews, customer reviews, and professional commentaries. We also considered brand reputation and the manufacturer’s history of producing quality soccer cleats. By adding all these factors together, we’ve come up with a list of the best soccer cleats you can buy.
Overall Price Range Of Soccer Cleats
Soccer cleats can be a bargain or break the bank. It all depends upon what features you want and how important your game is to you. The more expensive shoes will be made of higher quality materials such as synthetic polyester and spandex. These super-tech fabrics offer unbelievable support, breathability, and flexibility. Pricier shoes also have fancy cleat formations, combining blade and conical cleats on the same sole for the best grip.
The Top 10 Best Soccer Cleats
We have compiled a list of the top 10 best soccer cleats for a wide range of purposes, from bargain entry-level cleats to the best professional pair. We have even included the best soccer cleats for wide feet since getting the right fit for a wide foot can be a problem.
The Best Cleats For The Serious Player
1. Nike mercurial superfly soccer cleat
It’s no surprise that the Mercurial Superfly heads the top of our list as it is made by Nike, one of the best brands in the athletic shoe business. The key features include:
- Polyester and spandex upper
- Dynamic fit collar
- 360° construction
2. adidas nemeziz ground soccer cleatson
Named for famed player Lionel Messi of Barcelona, these cleats have a fantastic fit and fashion-forward design. The key features include:
- Bandage construction inspired by sports taping on the upper
- Dual lock collar
- Lightweight outsole
3. PUMA Future 2.1 Netfit Fg Ag Mens
- Designed to fit the male foot Multiple bold colour choices
- Suitable for use on both firm natural surfaces and artificial grass Form-fitting textile base material
- Knitted ankle sock for a supportive and snug fit around the ankle Combination of conical and bladed studs
- PUMA Cat Logo pull tag at tongue Heel pull tab for easy on/off PUMA Logo at heel
- NETFIT 2.0: PUMA’s innovative and customisable net lacing technology for infinite lacing options and optimal fit RAPIDAGILITY soleplate: PUMA’s lightweight, reactive, high-traction combo of smartly placed conical and bladed studs
A combination of a form-fitting base material with a knitted ankle sock are the foundation of a great fit with this cleat. The key features include:
- Customizable net lacing offers infinite lacing options
- Lightweight molded soleplate with a mix of conical and bladed studs
- For firm natural ground and artificial turf
Best Cleats For Wide Feet
1. New Balance Men’s Visaro 2.0 Control Firm Ground Soccer Shoe
New Balance has a long history of fitting difficult feet well, and this cleat is no exception. The key features include:
- Microfiber and mesh overlay upper
- Unique stud configuration
- Footbed design favors wide feet
2. adidas Men’s Copa Mundial Firm Ground Soccer Cleats
- Legendary soccer cleats for stability on firm natural ground
- Leather upper with premium K-leather in the forefoot for comfort and flexibility
- Move with explosive speed and traction on dry natural grass with the Firm Ground outsole
- Die-cut EVA midsole for lightweight comfort
- Soft, durable synthetic lining. Lace closure
A classic leather soccer cleat, this shoe has retro good looks that will fit the wider foot. The key features include:
- Premium leather in the forefoot
- EVA midsole distributes stud pressure evenly
- Molded studs provide superior traction
3. Morelia Neo CL Mix Mens Football Boots – Black/White
Another classic soccer cleat, the Mizuno Morelia is handmade from kangaroo leather for an unbeatable fit. The key features include:
- Lightweight K-leather molds to your foot
- Flexible soleplate with 13 studs specifically positioned to reduce pressure
- Insole offers ample cushioning
Best Entry Level Soccer Cleats
1. Nike Mens Premier II FG
- Kangaroo leather vamp offers classic, cushioned touch
- Wider lace area provides a comfortable fit
- Fold-over tongue hides the top of the laces to create a smooth striking surface
- Full-length TPU plate offers durability and stability
- Conical studs provide targeted traction and a smooth ride
The Premier II is a nice, basic, firm ground soccer cleat. The key features include:
- Soft kangaroo leather upper
- Conical studs provide great traction
- A wider lace area for a better fit
2. Diadora Men’s Maracana RTX Soccer Shoe
- Weight: 9.4 oz
- Kangaroo leather upper
- Anti-stretch lining
- Partially concealed Touch Control application
A solid entry-level soccer cleat at a great price point, the key features of the Diadora include:
- A soft calfskin leather upper
- The EVA foam insole
- Conical studs
3. Lotto Stadio Primato Soccer Shoes
A popular boot in Europe, the Lotto Stadio deserves more recognition everywhere else. The key features include:
- Soft kangaroo leather upper
- Layered stitching on the front of the boot
- Basic conical stud formation
Best Soccer Cleats For Kids
1. Umbro Kids Arturo Soccer Cleats
Don’t want to spend a fortune on your kid’s cleats? This shoe is for you. Key features include:
- Synthetic upper
- Rubber outsole
- Asymmetrical lacing
Best Soccer Cleat Faqs
What are soccer cleats?
Soccer cleats are a special type of shoe used for playing outdoor soccer. The cleats have hard studs on the bottom of the shoe. They may be blade or conical-shaped and are usually made of plastic, rubber, or metal-tipped. On some shoes, the cleats are molded and are built into the sole of the shoe. On other shoes, they may be detachable and screw into the sole of the shoe. Some leagues ban metal-tipped cleats, so check with your league before purchasing that type of soccer shoe.
Why do I need soccer cleats?
Soccer cleats provide superior traction on grassy surfaces. The cleats dig into the ground to help you avoid slipping and falling. They also provide your foot with stability and support.
Are there special cleats for indoor soccer and artificial turf?
For indoor soccer you will need a soccer shoe, but not cleats. These are rubber-soled shoes, not unlike a lightweight sneaker. Artificial turf requires shoes with shorter cleats than a regular soccer shoe for better support. The cleats on this shoe will usually be molded rubber.
Where can I buy soccer cleats?
Soccer cleats are widely available at most sporting goods stores and athletic shoe departments. You can also buy them online, but this is not a great idea as you need to be properly fitted to the shoe for peak performance.
How much do soccer cleats cost?
Beginner soccer cleats can be found for as little as $30. For top-of-the-line professional soccer cleats, you can expect to pay upwards of $200.
As you can see, soccer cleats are subjective, and each player will have their favorite. However, if you’re looking for a modern shoe, we recommend the Nike Mercurial Superfly for its excellent ball handling capabilities. If you want a more traditional soccer boot, try the Mizuno Morelia or Adidas Copa Mundial for their legendary looks and performance.